A1466 Keyboard Top Case Assembly Trackpad for 13” Apple MacBook Air 20134, 2014, 2015, 2017
A1466 Keyboard Top Case Assembly Trackpad, Touchpad for 13” Apple MacBook Air, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
Top case + Keyboard + Trackpad Touchpad + Microphone
Apple Part#: 661-7480, 069-9397, 069-9397-23 , 069-9397-B , 069-9397-D
13″ MacBook Air 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 Models Only.
- Mid 2013 MD760LL/A 1.3 i5
- Mid 2013 MD761LL/A 1.3 i5
- Mid 2013 MD761LL/A 1.7 i7
- Early 2014 MD760LL/B 1.4 i5
- Early 2014 MD761LL/B 1.4 i5
- Early 2014 MD761LL/B 1.7 i7
- Early 2015 MJVE2LL/A 1.6 i5
- Early 2015 MJVE2LL/A 2.2 i7
- Early 2015 MJVG2LL/A 1.6 i5
- Early 2015 MJVG2LL/A 2.2 i7
- Mid 2017 MQD42LL/A 1.8 i5
- Mid 2017 MQD32LL/A 1.8 i5
These are the required tools for a 13″ MacBook Air A1466 Keyboard Top Case Touchpad Replacement it Also Fits for Many A1466 Family Models:
Important Note: Before you begin to replace your Keyboard Touchpad Assembly, make sure to drain you laptop battery fully. To do this, unplug your power adapter and just leave the laptop powered it on until it shuts down. Also, after it has been opened, disconnect the battery before performing any repairs.
Also, to help protect you and your device you should always wear safety glasses & anti-static nitrile gloves.
- Pentalobe screwdriver (P5): The bottom case uses a proprietary (Apple exclusive) type of screw called a Pentalobe screw. This type of speciality screwdriver is required to remove the bottom case and begin the repair.
- Torx screwdriver (T4 & T5): Torx bits are needed to remove the screws that hold the MacBook components such as the I/O Board, MagSafe port, Audio Board, Fans, Trackpad, Battery & more.
- Torx screwdriver (T8): The T8 Torx screwdriver is also needed to remove the screws that hold the hinges of the LCD assembly in place.
- Plastic Spudger: A plastic spudger is a tool that helps get in between things and useful to pry apart components with less risk of damaging them. Additionally, you’ll need a spudger or plastic pry tool like one found in TekDep’s pro kit to disconnect some cables and connectors inside of your 13″ MacBook Air A1466.
- Anti-Static Tweezers: With respect to the screws, some of the connectors & many of the internal brackets are very small. For this reason you’ll need a good pair of tweezers to disconnect and reconnect things, pick them up. Just as well, they can be a useful tool to hold on to things as they are inserted back into place.
A1466 Keyboard Top Case Assembly Trackpad Touchpad for 13” Apple MacBook Air 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
Sooner or later most electronics will require some maintenance or a repair of some kind. As time goes by there are more and more tutorials & videos available on the web that can help guide you through doing it for yourself.
While that is true, it is important to know that working on a MacBook Air A1466 Keyboard Top Case Assembly can be a challenge.
You have to be very careful when you touch, disconnect or work on the internal parts of any electronic device. Please try to avoid breaking anything else in the process. Be careful not to touch anything unnecessarily and try not to hurt yourself or create any more damage to the delicate components inside.
Additionally, if you haven’t done this kind of thing before or aren’t comfortable performing electronics repairs, take your MacBook Air to a professional. This can give you the best chance of success & the least risk of harm or damage.
To sum it up…… For the A1466 Keyboard Top Case Assembly.
- If you’re like us, a DIYer & you are ready to give it a go, consider pairing your purchase with one of TekDep’s repair tool kits!
A tool kit along with a bit of knowledge can save you time and money and help to do it yourself.
In short, investing in a high-quality tool kit today can help to keep your devices in tip-top shape for years to come.
Check out this awesome toolkit that the TekDep team put together to do just that! It contains all items listed above and a lot of other driver bits and helpful tools that come in handy when you need them.
Check out more of our Repair Tools!
So you can see the process in action, we put together a video of the teardown for this model on YouTube. Check out the video below.
Follow us on Social Media
Check out our Blog
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome tech content!
A1466 Keyboard Top Case Assembly Trackpad microphone for 13” Apple MacBook Air