A2681 Battery A2669 Part 820-02497-04 for 2022 Apple M2 MacBook Air 13”
New After Market Battery
(A2681 Li-ion Battery A2669 820-02497-04, M2 MacBook Air 2022)
Li-ion Battery x 1
Apple Battery P/N: 820-02497-04
Apple Battery Model : AA2669
A2681 Model M2 13.6″ MacBook Air 2022
EMC 4074, MLY33LL/A (Midnight), MLY13LL/A (Starlight), MLXY3LL/A (Silver), MLXW3LL/A (Space Gray)
Need to change your MacBook Battery?
If your laptop won’t turn on, the battery is expanding, showing “service battery” warning, or won’t hold a charge, replacing the battery may be what you need to get your laptop in to tip-top shape.
Common issues that may require battery replacement:
- Battery does not hold a charge
- Computer turns off when the charger is disconnected
- Will not charge beyond certain percentage
- Battery is bloating/expanding/swelling (bottom case/trackpad uneven or warped)
- Discharging faster than normal
- Error/notice showing/ service soon, service now, replace now
Watch How To Disassemble 2022 M2 Apple MacBook Air 13 inch Model 4074 / A2681 Family!
Required Tools For 2022 M2 Apple MacBook Air 13″, A2681 Family Repairs:
Note: Before you begin, make sure to drain you laptop battery completely by keeping it on until it dies. Then, unplug your power adapter, and disconnect the battery before performing any repair and always wear safety glasses & anti-static nitrile gloves.
- Pentalobe screwdriver (P5): The bottom case uses a proprietary type of screw called a Pentalobe screw. This type of speciality screwdriver is required in removing the bottom case and begin the repair.
- Suction cups: After removing all 8 of P5 screws, to aide in the removal of the bottom case use a suction cup to grip and pull the casing
- Torx screwdriver (T3, T4, T5): Speciality Torx bits are needed to remove the screws that hold the MacBook components such as the USB-C board, fans, MagSafe board, LCD cable brackets, audio board, trackpad, Logic Board, and more.
- Torx screwdriver (T8): A T8 Torx screwdriver is also needed to remove the screws that hold the LCD Hinges in place, this is needed to remove and replace the LCD assembly on the A2681.
- Pentalobe screwdriver (1PL): 1PL screwdriver to remove the very small screws that hold the Wi-Fi Module (Note: to remove and replace the screen the Wi-Fi Module must be removed first).
- Spudger: A spudger is a tool that helps you pry apart parts of the MacBook Air without damaging them, you’ll need a spudger to disconnect the various cables and connectors inside the 13″ MacBook Air A2681.
- Tweezers: Some of the connectors inside the MacBook Air are very small, you’ll need a pair of tweezers to disconnect and reconnect them.
- Flat Wide Pry Tool: A special wide flexible pry tool for the removal of the battery for replacement to separate the adhesive from the chassis.
While you’re here, consider pairing your purchase with one of our repair tool kits!
140 in 1 Steel Bit Precision Magnetic Screwdriver Tool Set with Case for Phone PC Electronics
Check out more of our Repair Tools
- MacBook Air (13 inch, 2022, A2681) – Technical Specifications
A2681 Li-ion Battery A2669 820-02497-04, M2 MacBook Air 2022