Complete Screw Set Hardware Brackets A1707 For Apple MacBook Pro 15″ 2016-2017
Used OEM 100% Original Apple Part. Tested. Fully Functional.
Tested Using The Latest Industry Standard Hardware Diagnostic Methods.
Professionally Removed From, Actual MacBook Pro Unit.
Complete Logic Board Screw Set + Brackets + Hinges x1 Macbook Pro Screw Set A1707
15″ MacBook Pro (Touch Bar) 2016 2017 / A1707
How do I replace the screw set and brackets on my Macbook Pro A1707?
It’s essential to use the correct size and type of screwdriver to avoid damaging your MacBook Pro.
- Shut down your MacBook Pro and unplug any cables.
- Use a P5 Pentalobe screwdriver to remove the screws that secure the bottom caseof your MacBook Pro.
- Carefully remove the bottom case and set it aside.
- Locate the screw set and hardware brackets that you want to replace.
- Use a Phillips #000 screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the hardware brackets in place.
- Remove the brackets and set them aside.
- Remove the old screws and replace them with the new ones.
- Reattach the hardware brackets using the new screws.
- Replace the bottom case and screw it back into place. Macbook Pro Screw Set A1707
Note: Before you begin, make sure to drain you laptop battery completely by keeping it on till it dies. Then, unplug your power adapter, and disconnect the battery before performing any repair and always wear safety glasses & anti-static nitrile gloves.
- Pentalobe screwdriver (P5): The bottom case uses a proprietary type of screw called a Pentalobe screw. This type of speciality screwdriver is required in removing the bottom case and begin the repair.
- Torx screwdriver (T3 T4 ): Speciality Torx bits are needed to remove the screws that hold the MacBook Pro a1707 components such as the Battery connector T5, Trackpad Cable T3, Trackpad T4, Logic Board T3 & T4
- Torx screwdriver (T1): Holds the wifi Module that has 16x T1 Tiny screws
- Torx screwdriver (T8): Total of 6X T8 Torx screws holds the LCD Assembly Hinges in place, All needs to remove along with wifi module before you can remove and replace the LCD assembly on the A1707.
- Wide Prying Tool : This tool can help you separate the battery from the MacBook Pro chassis TopCase, Battery in A1707 Is being hold in place using adhesive.
- Spudger: A spudger is a tool that helps you pry apart parts of the MacBook Pro without damaging them, you’ll need a spudger to disconnect the various cables and connectors inside the 15″ MacBook Pro A1707.
- Tweezers: Some of the connectors inside the MacBook Pro A1707 are very small, you’ll need a pair of tweezers to disconnect and reconnect them.
While you’re here, consider pairing your purchase with one of our repair tool kits!
Check out more of our Repair Tools