A1707 Bottom Case Cover Space Gray for Apple MacBook Pro 15″ 2016-2017
Used OEM 100% Fully Functional Original Apple Part.
Tested Using The Latest Industry Standard Hardware Diagnostic Methods.
Professionally Removed From an Actual MacBook Unit.
Bottom Case (Space Gray) x1
P/N# 613-03902-10, 923-01789, 923-01457
15″ Apple MacBook Pro 2016 & 2017 A1707
MacBook Pro 15″ Full Disassembly Guide
How do I replace the Bottom Case on my MacBook Pro?
- Turn off your MacBook and disconnect all cables and peripherals.
- Flip over your MacBook so that the bottom case is facing up.
- Remove the screws that secure the bottom case to the MacBook. There are several screws around the edges of the case, so make sure you remove all of them.
- Carefully lift off the bottom case from the MacBook. You may need to use a plastic spudger or guitar pick to gently pry it off.
- Once the bottom case is removed, you should be able to see the internal components of the MacBook.
- If you’re replacing the bottom case because it’s damaged, carefully remove any screws or other components that are attached to the damaged case and transfer them to the new case.
- Place the new bottom case onto the MacBook and align it properly.
- Secure the new case in place with screws.
- Finally, turn on your MacBook and test to make sure everything is working properly. 613-03902-10, 923-01789, 923-01457
Note: Before you begin, make sure to drain you laptop battery completely by keeping it on till it dies. Then, unplug your power adapter, and disconnect the battery before performing any repair and always wear safety glasses & anti-static nitrile gloves.
- Pentalobe screwdriver (P5): The bottom case uses a proprietary type of screw called a Pentalobe screw. This type of speciality screwdriver is required in removing the bottom case and begin the repair.
- Torx screwdriver (T3 T4 ): Speciality Torx bits are needed to remove the screws that hold the MacBook Pro a1707 components such as the Battery connector T5, Trackpad Cable T3, Trackpad T4, Logic Board T3 & T4
- Torx screwdriver (T1): Holds the wifi Module that has 16x T1 Tiny screws
- Torx screwdriver (T8): Total of 6X T8 Torx screws holds the LCD Assembly Hinges in place, All needs to remove along with wifi module before you can remove and replace the LCD assembly on the A1707.
- Wide Prying Tool : This tool can help you separate the battery from the MacBook Pro chassis TopCase, Battery in A1707 Is being hold in place using adhesive.
- Spudger: A spudger is a tool that helps you pry apart parts of the MacBook Pro without damaging them, you’ll need a spudger to disconnect the various cables and connectors inside the 15″ MacBook Pro A1707.
- Tweezers: Some of the connectors inside the MacBook Pro A1707 are very small, you’ll need a pair of tweezers to disconnect and reconnect them.
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 A1707) – Technical Specifications
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017 A1707) – Technical Specifications
While you’re here, consider pairing your purchase with one of our repair tool kits!
With a tool kit, you can save money and time by doing repairs yourself. Invest in a high-quality tool kit today to keep your devices in great condition for years to come. Check out this awesome one our TekDep team put together for this repair:
Check out more of our Repair Tools